Wear your smile with pride every day.
No matter what I have been through I never stopped smiling. People that meet me for the first time actually do not know if they should take what I am saying seriously or not, as I tend to smile quietly often. With a smile, you will see that any worries you have will pass and you will look at the next day in a more optimistic way. Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush your fears and hide any pain. It has a great effect on your overall health and as well on the way people will see you.
“A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.”
Often people do not realize the big importance a smile can have on their lives. Read below to see why a smile is good for you and all the aspects of your life – social, health, work.
- Makes people around you happy. Smiling is said to be contagious, so bringing a smile to people’s faces will not be so hard if you yourself have a big smile on yours.
- Reduces stress and anxiety – there are many studies that actually prove this theory. Stress and anxiety do no good to your heart but a smile on your face will make it easier for one to recover from a stress, it will slow your heart rate and reduce blood pressure.
- Smiling will help control pain. Whatever you may be going through, there is evidence that a smile will help you through your pain. This study is one to back this up.
- Smiling is good for your immune system. There are many occasions when being put into a life crisis you just lack hope. However, those that keep positive and smile through their pains and crisis, outcome them better. When smiling the rigidness of the cells is reduced and this can fight the stress-induced cell mutations that can lead to serious illnesses.
- Smile has that endorphin release effect which helps one with the stress relief. Therefore, it is a great solution to improve your mood. The suppression of negative moods your brain may transmit you with your facial expression, the mood begins to line up with the emotion your face is communicating.
- Makes you make friends faster.
- Gives you a sense of confidence and fulfillment and makes people have more confidence in you.
“I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me.”
- Smiling helps you stay positive and improve the quality of your everyday life.
- Smiling helps you in any social interaction, especially business ones and helps you make your case. There is nothing that a customer or a partner likes more than knowing the interlocutor is able to smile back. Smiling makes one more likable and friendly. What did I do? I never let anything inside me, I always speak out and tell things as they are. One of my former bosses used to tell me – “Diana sometimes you can be so bluntly and say a bad thing in such a nice way and with a big smile on your face, that no one will feel like starting a quarrel with you, they will just smile back and approve.”
- It boosts productivity and makes you more creative. At each job I had this has been proven if I let someone ruin my day for me …. The productivity level lowered considerably. However, once I realized this should not happen in order to stay as productive and as creative as I can, I never let a day pass at work without a smile on my face, no matter what was going on around me. I just learned to take the good part of everything and😊 make my work worthwhile.
- Smiling may actually improve your life and make you see more birthdays. At all times my mum and grandma used to say: “Look at this little one, she has no worry in the world, always smiles, nothing can stress or upset her. She will live a long life for sure.” I do not know how true this is, but I know for sure that since little I used to smile and try not to let the bad things around me affect my mood. I probably knew this was counterproductive and nothing good may come out of it. Anyhow, known psychologists Ernest Able and Michael Kruger at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan actually made a study on baseball players that showed the players with the biggest and more often smiles lived 7 more years than the rest of the team.
- Smiling will lift your face and improve your looks. It will make you look younger and more attractive to the others around you.
“A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.”
There are a lot of people out there that do not smile and some are not exactly to blame – we live in a world where there are more and more problems – health problems, financial problems, love problems, family problems and many more. This is why it is easy sometimes to just forget to smile. Let us try to smile more each day and you will see that the world will seem a better place. Smiling is a pleasure in life that you can do for yourself and for the others around you without any costs whatsoever.
Smiling makes you see life in another light and positive changes begin automatically, both mentally and physically.
What I learned throughout my life is that a smile at the right time makes the entire difference in the world. I want to be that person that people do not dread of meeting with thinking I will ruin their day. I want to be that person that brings a smile to the faces of my family, my friends and everyone around me.
Do you smile enough?