Easter is a celebration when no matter the religion or race it is a time to spend with the loved ones.
In the last years due to the increase demand in this period of the year, tourists’ agencies offer packages for this holiday just like for the Christmas one, so you do not need to look too much to find some good and various holiday packages for the Easter time.
This year’s Easter is earlier than last year and this enables us to choose one exotic destination for the Easter holiday – the Maldives;
Maldives is one of the world’s most exclusive beach destinations.
This is a place where you can enchant your eyes with the white beaches, the turquoise lagoons, the coconut palm trees that are spread all over the island and the coral reefs that showcase the variety of marine flora and fauna.
It is the perfect period of the year for a Maldives papering. April is the transitional month between the dry season to the wet one, that starts in May. Now it is the right time for dry weather, hot temperatures and clear water. The average day temperature is 29 degrees Celsius and it can peak up to 31 degrees. In those 9 hours of daily sunshine the skies are blue and cloudless. During night time there are 27 degrees Celsius.
You can choose between more than 70 tourist resorts in Maldives. Each resort comes with its own private island. You will feel like being shipwrecked on an island just you and the hotel guests.
While you can find luxury all over the place here, take a look at the options below and choose the resort that best fits your needs:
- Dusit Thani Maldives – very luxurious hotel, 94 villas and residencies. The Oceans Villas give you a romantic island experience with the Indian Ocean just nearby, with your own private deck. Family Beach Villa is perfect for families with children. There is even a “Kids club” where children can spend their time.
- Four Seasosn Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa – is located inside the unspoiled Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Absolute best with its secluded area and its luxurious surroundings.
- Niyama Private Islands – perfect for an intense food experience. It has 7 restaurants and unique dining experiences – African cuisine, Subsix – the underwater eatery 6 meters below the waterline and many more.
- Soneva Fushi Resort – is a very appreciated destination by couples.
- Jumeirah Vittaveli – perfect for luxury lovers and couples.
- Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives – good for couples as well as for families.
- Sun Island Resort – perfect for water sports lovers.
- Rihiveli Beach Resort – perfect for a family getaway.
- Amilla Fushi Maldives – Easter egg-sperience for the children and many fun activities.
- Kurumba – children friendly while also offering family sport activities and a Easter carnival.
The food is just as diverse as the resorts this island offers.
Here you should expect to live a new food experience. Choose between the Thai seafood soup with lemon grass, spicy shrimp salad, try the Thai style lobster, the fresh seafood and perfectly grilled steaks and for the wine lovers, there is the JA Manafary underground cellar; here they can taste 3,000 different wines.
Places to go for a coffee:
- The Sand Bar
- Perfect place for a drink in the sun or for after dinner
- Situated alongside the Infinity Pool, largest in the Maldives
- I-berry Café, Maldives
- Refreshing coffees
- Full English breakfast
- Seagull Café House
- Trendy open air café
- Tasty snacks
- Great Non-alcoholic drinks
- Fresh Italian ice cream
- There is the National Museum that awaits for you to visit
- The local spices market to taste a bit of Maldives at home as well
- The Underwater festival from April. A real paradise for water sports enthusiasts. Promoting the array of underwater activities.
- Blue water and marine life, safe
- Yoga tailor-made Vitality Program at the Lux South Ari Atoll
- Maldivian virgin coconut oil spa treatment
- At Jumeirah Vittaveli you can have your private pool and over water treatments
While Easter and the month of April seems a blast in the Maldives, you should know that the prices are not at all at their lowest – out of the contrary – they are rather high. Usually the prices are cheaper during the wet period; that is from May to November.
Maldives will offer you a great Easter escape.